These simple tips will help keep your website a little more secure. We highly recommend iThemes Security Pro and Backup Buddy. Ask us how to implement these features.
- Do not use the “remember me “ function when logging in to the admin area
- Never use public internet when logging in to the admin area
- Make sure the device you are using has an active virus protect and malware scan running and that your computer is free from viruses etc.
- Do not share or email the login credentials to anyone
- Always logout of the site when finished
- Make sure you never have an username called “admin”
- Limit the number of users with administrator permissions
- Make sure to run a regular back up routine and store backups offsite if possible.