Take a look at your website and ask your self these questions….
- Does it appeal to your ideal demographic?
- Is it a user friendly experience (easy to search, easy to get to pages, easy to contact you)?
- Does it tell the viewer; What you do, who you do it for, where you do it, why they should deal with you? Remember you only have seconds to tell convey this!
- Does your website show your expertise in your industry?
- Is your brand consistent with all marketing material (logo, colours, fonts, tag line)?
- Is your website mobile responsive and does it have cross browser compatibility?
- Do you have a lead generation system in place? ie. newsletter sign up, contact form, free download…
- Have you incorporated social media follow and share links?
- Are you products/ services adequately explained?
- What do you want to be known for? Is it clear on your website?
These are some of the basic questions we discuss when we do a website consultation. We provide an SEO questionnaire to help us learn about your business.
One size does not fit all!
These are common questions and comments we hear regularly. In actual practice all website services are custom. The cost depends on what you need. We work with small business owners who need a small website designed (1-8 pages) or larger websites with custom development and integration. Simple and small means less time invested therefore less cost.
Many clients want just maintenance or a one off fix for an existing website. That is ok too. A reputable company can advise on what services may actually benefit you instead of up selling you.
Web designers have a set unique of skills. It is our job to advise and practice many topics including; graphic design, development, domains and dns, hosting, seo, security, email marketing, social media, web advertising, current trends and technologies, blogging and so much more. With years of experience in the field and practical knowledge we can quote on projects of any size. We advise on marketing strategies that work!
Proper on-page SEO isn’t about gaming or trying to trick the search engines. It’s about making sure that the content on the page or post can be easily interpreted. ex.
Using a URL that includes a keyword
Including your primary keyword in the title
Naturally using your keyword within the first few hundred words
Not overusing your keyword in the remaining text
Keeping your content relevant, on-topic and easy to read
Linking to relevant off-site content
Including relevant and optimized images & videos
Filling out a relevant and interesting meta description
Making sure your page is mobile friendly
The timeline can vary, we usually allow 1.5 months design/ development time depending on the complexity of functionality. If it is a smaller website with few functional elements, it can be done faster. A more functional website including custom programming can take 3-6 months once the scope of project has been laid out.
Tip: If the website text content is prepared in advance for each page, the project will go much quicker.
When business owners approach needing a website, we often ask about the other marketing initiatives. The small business owner has a limited budget to implement many things. Our purpose is not to upsell the client but to provide a consistent company image and make sure all the separate marketing pieces fit together properly.
If you have spent money on a website, your branding becomes integrated with your domain name. That is the www.yourcompanyname.ca