Marketing to others effectively means you will have to establish trust in the marketplace.
The marketing strategies that establish the most trust are;
- Content marketing
- Media endorsements of expertise
- Number of Facebook and Linked in Likes/shares
- Number of current clients
- Substantiated third party research
- Third part testimonials
Content marketing – is one that is new to many marketers. Content marketing rests on four key assumptions:
1) That the content holds value in the eye of the reader.
2) That demonstrating expertise is more powerful than claiming it.
3) That making it available for free – and particularly by encouraging propagation on the social web – will reach more prospects.
4) That trust will increase as more content is consumed, eventually leading to a transaction or a referral.
The most obvious examples of content marketing include certain types of blog posts, white papers, how-to videos, and books.
An important benefit of content marketing is that each piece of content, once created, lasts forever.
The cumulative impact grows exponentially over time, and can become a strategic differentiator.
While creating content can be time consuming it poises you as an expert in your industry. This of course will add credibility and trust in the marketplace.